Commission Callout - The Dukes' 50th Anniversary
The Dukes is looking for individuals or a company from, or with a strong connection to, Lancashire to create a short performance piece to be delivered as part of the Dukes 50th Anniversary Programme (date and format of performance slot tbc – this might be standalone activity, or part of a mixed-bill night of other activities, at the theatre or offsite).
We are looking for a proposal that is:
- inspired by “50 Years of The Dukes Theatre Lancaster” – its productions, its people and its events past and present, or a consideration of what the next 50 years might bring;
- or, inspired by events in and around the City of Lancaster / County of Lancashire over the last 50 years;
- or, simply inspired by the number “50”.
This work itself will be a performative "end product" with a duration between 15 and 30 mins - utilising up to £2,000 seed money - to be delivered in conjunction at (or offsite but with) The Dukes at a mutually agreed date no later than April 2022.
To apply, please send us in (no more than half a side of A4):
● Some background to your company / your work / practice and and any other creatives who might be involved, mentioning where you are from or your connection to Lancashire.
● A paragraph about your proposed activity
● What your strengths are and any areas you feel you specifically need assistance with
Please send to email@example.com marking your application “50TH ANNIVERSARY SEED COMMISSION CALL OUT”
If you prefer, the above info can be recorded to camera (max 2 minutes) rather than written . Please email the link to the same email above.
Deadline Date for Applications: Mon 2nd August 2021 9am
Successful applicants informed : Fri 6 August 2021 by 6pm.