The Dukes Young Company programme provides opportunity for young people to develop confidence, team work, communication and performance skills.
Our groups run in several terms each year, each culminating in the chance for young people to perform on one of our stages. Sessions take place in our Moor Space building on Moor Lane and are led by The Dukes Creative Communities team.
Our groups are:
- Monday | 4pm-5.30pm | Years 3-4 | BOOK
- Monday | 5.45pm-7.15pm | Years 5-7 | BOOK
- Monday | 7.30pm-9pm | Years 8-11 | BOOK
- Tuesday | 4pm-5.30pm | Years 5-7 | BOOK
- Tuesday | 5.45pm-7.15pm | Years 8-11 | BOOK
- Tuesday | 7.30pm-9pm | Years 11-13 | BOOK
- Wednesday | 5.45pm-7.15pm | Years 5-7 | BOOK
- Wednesday | 7.30pm-9pm | Years 8-11 | BOOK
We are keen to ensure that no young person misses out on the benefits of performance due to financial constraints.
All our groups have bursaries available. Please contact Carl Woodward for an informal conversation about bursaries or youth theatre.
Current term dates
Autumn Term 2021
Term starts: w/c 20th September 2021
Half term: w/c 25th October 2021
Term ends: w/c 6th December 2021
Young Company Alumni
'I honestly think being given the opportunity to work alongside professional actors, get advice from them and learn how to properly behave in a working theatre is a huge part of who I am as an actor now.'
Young actor and Young Company alumni Ciara Kaighin Adams reflects on her time at The Dukes in her blog.