Updated Live Performance & Cinema Safety Measures
The safety and wellbeing of our audiences, staff and volunteers is our top priority. Our team have worked extremely hard to introduce safety measures and make tweaks to some of our old routines so we can welcome you back confidently, comfortably and safely.
Please remember to book accordingly with guidelines surrounding households, support bubbles and socialising. At present, 6 people or 2 households can sit together indoors. (Each of the 2 households can include a support bubble, if eligible)
Here’s everything you need to know about experiencing new cinema and enjoying live performance in our venue again.
- As with our own team, we remind you to stay at home if you have a cough, cold, are feeling unwell or are showing any of the coronavirus symptoms listed by the NHS, if you have you come into contact with anyone who is unwell or if it has been less than two weeks since you have started to feel better.
- Audiences are required to wear masks in our building so please remember to bring one with you.
- Please book in advance online or by phoning our Box Office on 01524 598 500 when our Box Office reopens. Any transactions in-house will be contactless & there will be social distance queuing in place. Moor Space does not have a Box Office so advanced booking is essential.
- To keep contact to a minimum, we’re not printing tickets at present. You can either print tickets at home or download them to your mobile phone to show to our ushers.
- Our Box Office will reopen soon at reduced hours. We’ll update here as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that bookings are made in keeping with current guidelines surrounding households and support bubbles. At present, 6 people or 2 households can be seated together indoors.
- Our café-bar is unfortunately not ready to open just yet, but you can pre-order some drinks or snacks to enjoy during films or live performances when you book your ticket. Please see our FAQs below for more info.
- Please be aware that your details will be used with Track & Trace in line with government guidelines.
- Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before each performance or screening but in good time to be seated comfortably. The auditorium will be open on arrival. (Just a reminder too that our film screenings start at the time advertised – no half hour of ads!)
- There will be social distancing in place for queuing and seating, meaning new visible floor markings and reduced capacity performances and screenings.
- We’ve updated our seating plans to limit seats and tickets.
- We’ve added in sanitiser stations for our audience, staff and volunteers. You must use these when entering our building and adhere to the NHS rules on handwashing.
- All our staff and volunteers will also wear either masks or protective visors.
- Our Box Office will have a protective screen up to ensure that both staff and audience members are protected.
- We have made alterations to some of our doors, including the addition of foot pedals.
- We’ll also be carrying out extra cleaning practices on top of our regular cleaning routines – particularly on any high contact surfaces.
- We’ll be operating a one-way system throughout the building. Your exit will be different to the way you came in.
- Our staff and volunteers have received Covid-19 specific training ahead of reopening and are happy to help you safely in any way that they can.
- Our Duty Manager will be on hand to address any queries during your visit, whilst an usher will sit in attendance during the film/performance.
If you have any questions ahead of booking, we encourage you to email email@example.com or check out the FAQs below.
Thank you for all of your cooperation and support!
When can we book tickets?
All tickets for available screenings and shows are on sale now through our website!
Where do I go for the performance?
For Film Screenings or Live Performances in The Rake or The Round: please use the main entrance.
For Live Shows in Moor Space: head directly to the main doors of Moor Space, just up the road from our main building. There’ll be an attendant to greet you and show you the one-way system.
I have booked a Future Theatre or Future Cinema Ticket/s during lockdown. How do I book my seat with it/them?
Your Future Tickets were placed on your account as gift vouchers which can be claimed by calling our Box Office or visiting in person. The former is advisable. If our Box Office is not open, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will arrange your booking with you.
How do I find my seat?
Your downloaded ticket will have your seat and row number on it. A team-member will be on hand to help show you where in the auditorium it is.
What is being done to keep the theatre and cinema spaces ventilated?
We are doing all that we can to keep the rooms well ventilated to suit their layout and will be airing in between screenings and performances too.
Are the toilets open?
Our toilets are open only to audiences and staff. These will be cleaned regularly and operated on a one in/one out policy.
Will there be an interval?
This is show-specific. Where this is an interval it will be brief to accommodate changes to set.
How do I collect my pre-ordered drinks/snack if the café-bar is closed?
If you’re attending a film screening or live performance in The Rake or The Round, you will be able to collect your pre-order from the bar.
If you’re attending a performance at Moor Space, your pre-orders will have been taken across to Moor Space for you to collect.
In both cases, a volunteer or the Duty Manager will be on hand to supervise.
Who can I speak to in the building if I have any queries whilst I am there?
Our Duty Manager will be on hand.
Are there likely to be changes to these safety measures or procedures?
We will keep a vigilant eye on guidelines from the government, NHS and local authorities and update in due course. However, please be assured that your safety is our priority and changes will only be made if it is safe to do so.