The Dukes Cinema Reopens!
The safety and well-being of our audiences, staff and volunteers is our top priority, so our team have been working extremely hard to introduce thorough precautions and adjustments to our regular cinema routines and building so that we can reopen confidently, comfortably and safely for you.
Here’s everything you need to know about the measures we’ve introduced.
- As with our own team, we remind you to stay at home if you have a cough, cold, are feeling unwell or are showing any of the coronavirus symptoms listed by the NHS, if you have you come into contact with anyone who is unwell or if it has been less than two weeks since you have started to feel better.
- Audiences are required to wear masks in our building so please remember to bring one with you.
- Please book in advance online or by phoning our Box Office on 01524 598 500. Any transactions in-house will be contactless & there will be social distance queuing in place.
- To keep contact to a minimum, we’re not printing tickets at present. You can either print tickets at home or download them to your mobile phone to show to our ushers.
- Our Box Office will be working at reduced hours, open from Tuesday – Sunday from 10.30am – 4.30pm.
- Our café-bar is unfortunately not ready to open just yet, but you can pre-order some drinks or snacks to enjoy during the film when you book your ticket.
- Please be aware that your details will be used with Track and Trace in line with government guidelines.
- Screenings will start at the time advertised. Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before each screening to reduce queuing but in good time to be seated comfortably. The auditorium will be open on arrival.
- The Dukes will be operating at 2m social distancing for queuing and seating, meaning new visible floor markings and reduced capacity screenings.
- Our updated seating plans are limited to pairings and single seats, each with a 2m radius around them. This means that audience members won’t have to pass by each other to get to their seats and will have easy access in and out of their row.
- We’ve added in sanitiser stations for our audience, staff and volunteers. You must use these when entering our building and adhere to the NHS rules on handwashing.
- All our staff and volunteers will also wear either masks or protective visors.
- Our Box Office will have a protective screen up to ensure that both staff and audience members are protected.
- We have made alterations to some of our doors, including the addition of foot pedals.
- Toilets will be one in/one out to ensure that there is plenty of room.
- We’ll also be carrying out extra cleaning practices on top of our regular cleaning routines – particularly on any high contact surfaces.
- We’ll be operating a one-way system throughout the building. Your exit will be different to the way you came in.
- Our staff and volunteers have received Covid-19 specific training ahead of reopening and are happy to help you safely in any way that they can.
- Our Duty Manager will be on hand to address any queries during your visit, whilst an usher will sit in attendance during the film.
If you have any questions ahead of booking, we encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the FAQs below.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to The Dukes and can’t wait to celebrate great cinema with you again. We know it’ll look a little different to you with these guidelines in place – it feels like that for us too – but we’re committed to making sure that your cinema experience is enjoyable and safe for you and our team. By working together, we can support The Dukes, keep the arts strong in Lancaster and enjoy fantastic film.
Thank you for all of your cooperation and support!
Why are you asking us to wear masks?
Like the legislation on masks in shops and indoor spaces, it’s an extra step that we can take to ensure the safety and comfort of both our audiences and our team.
What is being done to keep the cinema screens ventilated?
We are doing all that we can to keep the rooms well ventilated to suit their layout and will be airing in between screenings too.
When can we book tickets?
You can book your tickets online from Wednesday 22 July, whilst a member of our team will be back behind our Box Office desk to take your call from Thursday 30 July (10.30am – 4.30pm, Tues-Sun).
I have booked a Future Cinema Ticket/s during lockdown. How do I book my seat with it/them?
Your Future Tickets were placed on your account as gift vouchers which can be claimed by calling our Box Office or visiting in person. The former is advisable.
How do I find my seat?
Your downloaded ticket will have your seat and row number on it. A team-member will be on hand to help you show where in the auditorium it is.
Are the toilets open?
Our toilets are open only to audiences and staff. These will be cleaned regularly and operated on a one in/one out policy.
How do I collect my pre-ordered drinks/snack if the café-bar is closed?
All pre-orders will be able to collect from the bar. A volunteer will be supervising.
Who can I speak to in the building if I have any queries whilst I am there?
Our Duty Manager will be on hand.
Are there likely to be changes to these safety measures or procedures?
We will keep a vigilant eye on guidelines from the government, NHS and UK Cinema Association and update in due course. However, please be assured that your safety is our priority and changes will only be made if it is safe to do so.