About Good Creator
Founded by Writer and Creative Director, Alex O’Toole, Good Creator is a new online professional and commercial development platform for creative practitioners of all disciplines who want to open up new career opportunities, hone their approach and elevate their creative ambitions on their own terms, in their own time, at their own pace.
This Spring, The Dukes Theatre in Lancaster, in partnership with, online professional development platform, Good Creator, is hosting a second series of ‘The Sessions’, a ten-week series of virtual and in-person keynote lectures jam-packed with insight, inspiration and expert guidance to aspiring, emerging and established artists to support them in building a sustainable, creative career in theatre and the arts.
Each 75-minute session will be rich with information and experience from professional theatre artists and creatives who will share their work, their process and their vision to help artists energise their thinking and take actionable steps to build their careers in theatre and break new ground in their practice.
From getting started as freelancer and budgeting for shows, to writing with AI, writing for screen and using theatre to bring difficult stories into the open, to balancing the role of writer and performer, getting creative with being creative, and developing new immersive techniques – The Sessions will cover a range of different approaches to breaking new ground in theatre, with plenty of opportunities to interact with the speakers and ask questions too.
How It Works For Online Sessions:
Once you have booked your ticket you will receive an invite to attend via email, this will be sent out on the day of the event (please check spam folders just in case.) You will receive a final invite 15 minutes before the session starts, please ensure you have booked your tickets well in advance as we can't guarantee entry after this point.
Book Your FREE sessions now:
- Creating & Managing Budgets For Theatre with Steph Connell (Online)
- Mischief In Creative Practice With Keir Cooper (Online)
- Voice In Fiction And Theatre With Rose Biggin (Online)
- Crowdfunding For The Arts with Jo Breeze (Online)
- The Ghost In The Machine: Writing with AI with Ali Matthews (In Person)
- Setting Up As A Professional Creative Freelancer With Porl Cooper (In Person)
- Writing for Screen with Drew Hubbard (In Person)
- Making Data Driven Theatre With Clare Duffy Civic Digits (Online)
- Telling Uncomfortable Truths Through Theatre with Mick Martin (Bent Architect) (Online)