Following Government advice about new national coronavirus measures, we are regrettably closing our buildings until at least Thursday 2 December and cancelling all in-person activity.
Youth Theatre workshops will move to Zoom for the remainder of this term.
Please email our creative learning manager if you have any questions.
The Dukes Youth Theatre programme provides opportunity for young people to develop confidence, team work, communication and performance skills.
Our groups run in several terms each year, each culminating in the chance for young people to perform on one of our stages. Sessions take place in our Moor Space building on Moor Lane and are led by The Dukes Creative Learning team.
Our groups are:
- Monday Juniors (School Years 3 & 4) 4.00-5.00pm
- Monday Intermediates (School Years 5,6,7) 5.45-6.45pm
- Monday Seniors (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 7.30-8.30pm
- Tuesday Juniors (School Years 3 & 4) 4.00-5.00pm
- Tuesday Seniors 1 (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 5.45-6.45pm
- Tuesday Seniors 2 (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 7.30-8.30pm
- Friday A (School Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11) 4.00-5.00pm.
- Friday B (School Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11) 5.45-6.45pm.
Youth Theatre groups are priced at £80 per term.
We are keen to ensure that no young person misses out on the benefits of performance due to financial constraints.
All our groups have bursaries available for those in receipt of means tested benefits (proof of eligibility required.) Please contact Carl Woodward for an informal conversation about bursaries or youth theatre.
Current term dates
Autumn Term 2020
Youth Theatre resumes w/c 28 September 2020
Half term: Monday 26 October – Friday 30 October 2020
End of term w/c Monday 7 December
Youth Theatre Alumni
'I honestly think being given the opportunity to work alongside professional actors, get advice from them and learn how to properly behave in a working theatre is a huge part of who I am as an actor now.'
Young actor and Youth Theatre alumni Ciara Kaighin Adams reflects on her time at The Dukes in her blog.