The Dukes Youth Theatre programme provides opportunity for young people to develop confidence, team work, communication and performance skills.
Due to the nationwide lockdown and the uncertainty of when we will be able to reopen, sessions will move online until further notice.
Our groups run in several terms each year, each culminating in the chance for young people to perform on one of our stages. Sessions take place in our Moor Space building on Moor Lane and are led by The Dukes Creative Learning team.
Our groups are:
- Monday Juniors (School Years 3 & 4) 4.00-5.00pm
- Monday Intermediates (School Years 5,6,7) 5.45-6.45pm
- Monday Seniors (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 7.30-8.30pm
- Tuesday Juniors (School Years 3 & 4) 4.00-5.00pm
- Tuesday Seniors 1 (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 5.45-6.45pm
- Tuesday Seniors 2 (School Years 8,9, 10, 11) 7.30-8.30pm
- Friday A (School Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11) 4.00-5.00pm.
- Friday B (School Years 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11) 5.45-6.45pm.
Youth Theatre groups are priced at £80 per term.
We are keen to ensure that no young person misses out on the benefits of performance due to financial constraints.
All our groups have bursaries available for those in receipt of means tested benefits (proof of eligibility required.) Please contact Carl Woodward for an informal conversation about bursaries or youth theatre.
Current term dates
Spring Term 2021
Youth Theatre resumes: w/c 18 January 2021
Half Term: Mon 15 - Fri 19 February
End of term: w/c 22 March
Youth Theatre Alumni
'I honestly think being given the opportunity to work alongside professional actors, get advice from them and learn how to properly behave in a working theatre is a huge part of who I am as an actor now.'
Young actor and Youth Theatre alumni Ciara Kaighin Adams reflects on her time at The Dukes in her blog.